Preconception, Conception & Pregnancy
March 6 - April 3
Watch half of Module 2 video material, until 2:30
TUESDAY, April 3, 5-6:30PM PACIFIC / 8-9:30PM EASTERN
Video call #2a
April 3 - May 1
Watch the rest of Module 2 video material
TUESDAY, May 1, 5-6:30PM PACIFIC / 8-9:30PM EASTERN
Video call #2b
Home Practice, Part 1
- Check in with your buddy 2 times during March
- Watch the webinar Tracking the Five Phase Sequence, password: Simkin (video embedded below), note any questions you have — it's fine to watch this anytime during March and April
- Schedule your second personal session
- Track when you dissociate or speed up, we will be learning more about the autonomic nervous system as we go, for now start to notice your body sensations and keep a document or pages in a notebook where you can write down what you feel with each part of the material, e.g. "I felt confused during the part about implantation", feel free to bring these notes to your personal session and our video conference
- Choose one thing from the Resources page to practice, such as: Mother Earth Father Sky meditation, Self-Touch Sequence to Regulate Your Nervous System, Good Parent Messages
Home Practice, Part 2
- Check in with your buddy 2 times during April
- Schedule your second personal session if you haven't already
- Track yourself in the 5 phases:
- choose an event/project/experience and track yourself through each of the 5 phases
- check in with yourself throughout each day: what phase am I in right now?
- choose one phase and notice how you feel in your body when you are in it, e.g. how do I feel in the beginning (intention phase) of things?
Tracking the 5 Phase Sequence — webinar at bastyr University
The Primal Sequence is a map of experience, composed of five phases: intention, preparation, action, follow through, and integration. Our first experience of the sequence is the beginning of our life: conception, embryological development and birth. Through exploring these experiences we discover personal patterns, and with this awareness can have greater choice and freedom in how we experience and live our lives.
When you form an intention, everything organizes around it. It guides and supports the entire process. If you forget why you here and what you are doing, remember your intention.
Developmental phase: forming an intention for your life, conception.
Take your time to gather energy, materials and support. Allow your potency to build so that when it is time to take action you move from a place of authenticity and presence.
Developmental phase: implantation, embryological development, growing your body.
You have all the power and wisdom you need. You are ready now to make your move. Remember you can pause during action to rest, connect, and remember your intention.
Developmental phase: giving birth to yourself in collaboration with your birthing parent.
You did it! Look around. Listen to everything around you whispering: “Welcome, welcome, we’re so glad you’re here.”
Developmental phase: coming into the world.
Take the time to feel what you just experienced. Offer thanksgiving to all that supported you. Take the time to rest. Trust the rest. Keep resting until you organically feel the arising of your next intention.
Developmental phase: being a newborn.
You can re-watch the Primal Sequence video (that is in the second half of the module video).