Ancestral Healing, in the method developed by Dr. Daniel Foor, is a framework through which you can heal your ancestral lineages. This method is client-cenetered, and places the focus on the relationship between you and your ancestors. This may be different from other kinds of ancestor work, in that the practitioner is not doing the ritual work for the client, but the practitioner is there to guide the process.
Four Basic Premises
- Ancestors exist in the present
- Ancestors are not static, they can change, grow and heal
- Ancestors vary in their states of health or wellbeing
- The influence between living people and ancestors is significant
Five Step Process
- Connect with a guide, including prayer around the generations between the guide and you, and understanding the blessings and burdens of the lineage
- Healing the older ones (not known by name)
- Healing the recent ones (known by name and/or 3 most recent generations)
- Root the blessings of the lineage in your body, in your life, and among living family
This benefits of this work are numerous, including clarity in your life purpose and professional path, relevant to the process of making a family, supportive deepening into committed relationship with a partner, and generally helping you to feel well-supported and backed, so to speak, by a whole crew of well ancestors who can offer guidance and a sense of belonging in your family.
Ancestral healing, in this method, is an excellent foundation for doing cultural healing work. The same five step process is used to work a particular theme of cultural trouble through a lineage, e.g. colonization, sexual violence, or war. This work deeply informs you in any activism or cultural restoration work you do, and is part of a reparations process addressing ways your ancestors' actions negatively impacted others. This work is emergent and something of particular interest as it relates to movement work. To learn more, check out the two videos below in the Resources section at the bottom of this page.
Ancestral Healing sessions are facilitated by Elsa Asher. Elsa has completed their training with Dr. Daniel Foor and is currently in the trainee supervision phase. Sessions are held via Zoom video call or phone, on Wednesdays and Sundays. In-person sessions are available by request, just email email@example.com to schedule. To begin, you can book an initial session (90 minutes, $120). After your first session, you can book follow up sessions (60 minutes, $80), on a weekly basis or at your own pace.If you have questions and would like to talk before you book a session, schedule a complimentary consult.